Strawberry Farming: Compared to hilly areas, the plains are experiencing a considerably faster growth in the practice of strawberry cultivation (Strawberry Ki kheti). It is widely grown by farmers in Uttar Pradesh and Haryana. Strawberry production is more profitable for farmers than other conventional crops. Although strawberries are typically grown in cold climates, they may be grown in a range of soils and environments using polyhouses, hydroponics, and other methods in general. In the plains, strawberries are often planted in September and October. However, it can also be transplanted in colder climates between February and March. Despite there being 600 different strawberry kinds, each one is unique in taste and appearance. In the market, strawberries are highly sought for. Through this post, you will receive complete instructions on how to grow strawberries. so that nurturing it won’t be difficult for you. If there is a problem with strawberry cultivation, you can also seek our Geeken Chemical-free guidance which is Best Quality Pesticide Manufacturers Products , and if a disease develops, you may use our fertilizer to get rid of any pests or insects from your crop field.
- 1 Step-by-step instructions on growing strawberries in India
- 2 How to make strawberry fields
- 3 Variety of strawberries
- 4 Fertilizer for growing strawberries
- 5 Strawberry Watering
- 6 Winter-proof strawberry plants
- 7 Strawberry bugs and illnesses
- 8 Strawberry harvesting
- 9 Strawberry Crop Yield
- 10 Cost and Profits of Strawberry Harvest
- 11 Conclusion
Step-by-step instructions on growing strawberries in India
The strawberry fruit is tender and heart-shaped. As the fruit ripens, it turns red. Only strawberries have seeds on the outside of the fruit. A good natural source of antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, protein, and minerals are strawberries. which are employed to improve look and heighten the brightness of the teeth, as well as the brightness of the eyes and the nail acne on the face. In addition to these, it contains calcium, magnesium, folic acid, phosphorus, and potassium.
Strawberry farming requires a cold climate because it is a cold-weather crop. It can also be grown well in a flat region. The ideal temperature for this is between 20 and 30 degrees. When the temperature rises, strawberry plants are harmed, and the yield is impacted.
Strawberry plants may thrive in practically any type of soil, hence there is no specific soil type needed for strawberry cultivation. But loamy loam soil produces more strawberries. The pH of the soil should be between 5.5 and 6.5 for its cultivation. You must have the soil analyzed at the local Agriculture Department or Krishi Vigyan Kendra.
How to make strawberry fields
- Appropriate period for preparation and cultivation Between September and November, strawberry transplanting is done, and the field is ploughed three times in the first week of September.
- When preparing the field based on the results of the soil test, evenly distribute the cow dung, mix it into the soil, and add phosphate and potash.
- Making the bed should be done while maintaining its 2-foot breadth and 1-and-a-half-foot distance from the bed.
- Lay a drape irrigation conduit and drill holes at a distance of 20 to 30 cm in plastic mulching before planting plants.
- Strawberry plants should be planted between the months of September through October, or even until the end of September if the temperature is high.
Variety of strawberries
There are 600 different varieties of strawberries in the globe, according to experts in agriculture, but in India, farmers primarily grow Winter Down, Winter Star, Ophra, Kamarosa, Chandler, Sweet Charlie, Black Peacock, and Elista for commercial use. variety cultivation, including Siscafe, Fair Fox, etc.
Fertilizer for growing strawberries
Because strawberry plants are so delicate, it is vital to fertilize them periodically. However, a soil test should be used before applying manure and fertilizer. When preparing the area, 10 to 15 tonnes of decomposed cow dung per acre should be spread and incorporated with the soil. After transplanting, you should use the drip irrigation method to provide fertilizer made by the Top Pesticide Manufacturers, Geeken Chemical, to your strawberry plants.
- After planting, immediately begin drip or sprinkler irrigation.
- Regular irrigation should be performed while considering the wetness.
- Micro-fountain irrigation can be used to water strawberries prior to fruiting.
- To prevent fruit from spoiling, drip irrigation should only be used after the fruit has arrived.
Winter-proof strawberry plants
Strawberry growing is possible in both ways and without a polyhouse. If the poly house is already constructed, there is very little possibility that the strawberry plants will become frostbitten. There is nothing to worry about if your home is not a poly house. For frost protection on strawberry crops, use a low plastic tunnel. This plastic should be 100 to 200 microns thick and translucent.
Strawberry bugs and illnesses
It can be harmed by insects such as moths, flies, chafers, strawberry root weevils, strawberry mantis, juice beetles, and strawberry mites.
Neem oil or geeky chemical compounds like GEE STAR, MUSTAFA Plant roots may be treated as a preventative measure with geeken chemical products, which are made by top pesticide manufacturers.
A leaf blight, powdery mildew, or leaf spot outbreak could also occur in addition to this. For this, according to scientific recommendations, spray pesticides after sporadically identifying plant diseases with our best quality pesticide manufacturer’s KENZEB and ZYNTHO products.
- Strawberry harvesting should begin when the colour is seven percent actual, and fruit harvesting should be done in accordance with market distance.
- Strawberry fruit should not be trapped and should be harvested on different days.
- Strawberry fruit should be picked with a clean, strawberry-packing tool.
- Strawberries should be stored in a ventilated area and packaged on plastic plates.
- If the temperature is five degrees and should be zero degrees after a day.
Strawberry Crop Yield
A healthy strawberry crop yield depends on a variety of elements. the type of plant to be grown, the climate, the depth of the soil, the quantity of plants, crop management, etc. If the crop is well-managed and cared for, 80 to 100 quintals of fruits can be produced on a single acre of land. One strawberry plant can yield 800-900 grammes of fruit.
Cost and Profits of Strawberry Harvest
The average cost of an acre of strawberries is between Rs 2 and Rs 3 lakh. After subtracting the costs, the profit after harvest is between 5 and 6 lakhs.
You discovered how simple it is to cultivate strawberries at home in this post. We sincerely hope that the farmer brothers enjoyed this blog of ours. If so, kindly share it on your social media to motivate us to write more posts of this nature. With these techniques, you may now cultivate and pick strawberries at home. Therefore, you can utilize our top-notch pesticide manufacturers’ goods if you are experiencing certain types of insects or diseases and wish to get rid of the diseases that are associated with them. In addition, you can contact us at (+91 – 9999570297) if you want to get insecticide from GEEKEN CHEMICALS. We offer the best insecticide in India.